Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Cayenne Pepper Plant



This is by far my favorite plant to grow. We grow them in the garden and grow them in containers.
Cayenne peppers are one of the favorite hot peppers grown today. They are medium-hot, colorful and spice up most any
recipe.
Cayennes, like most peppers, are very easy to grow. They usually stand about three feet tall and two feet wide at maturity, making them ideal for containers or fence row planting. Most pepper plants also bear abundantly, so the average household will need no more that two bearing plants for as many peppers as they, and their neighbors, can use.

Outside their native hot climate, peppers are annuals and prefer full sun. They should be slightly shaded from the most intense afternoon sun, to avoid sun scald. Cayenne pepper plants usually bear fruit from 70 to 80 days after planting. They should be set out after danger of frost has gone. Cayennes like moist, but not soggy, soil. They should be planted in a container or bed with good drainage and can be mulched with straw or something similar. As a rule, peppers are hardy plants and the gardener can usually plant them in most climates with confidence.

The peppers are ripe when they are four to six inches long, feel firm and the stems come easily off the plant stalk. Cayennes may be green or red when mature.
 
 
 
Cayenne peppers are wonderful for making many dishes including salas. It can be used fresh or dried out and ground up. You can use a coffee grinder or mortar and pestel. Some cooks crush dried peppers by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin, then crushing the bag in their hands.

Dried ground peppers are great for use in a shaker, wh
ere they can be used on pizza, pasta, refried beans, Spanish rice, or for stir-frying. The heat will last for months, and considering how many peppers most plants produce, they are a real bargain over buying the dried pepper in stores.
My favorite thing to do is make Capsicum Tincture. It has some many health benefits and I make it all year round.
I encourage you to research it and find so many more benefits of this wonderful plant. Here are a few examples....

Conditions and Herbal Remedies for Cayenne pepper tincture taken directly from the book "Herbs to the Rescue" by Kurt King M.H.

"Bleeding - Apply pressure to the wound to help stop blood flow. Internally, use Cayenne Tincture 10-12 drops every few minutes until blood flow stops. Topically, use Cayenne powder directly on wound.

Blood Pressure (High or low) - Cayenne Tincture: 10-15 drops 2 times a day.

Bloody Nose - Put pressure on both sides of nose with cold compress. If is doesn't stop within 5 minutes, moisten a piece of cotton or gauze with water and dip it into Cayenne powder and snuff into nose. Internally, take Cayenne Tincture 10-15 drops every 5-10 minutes until bleeding stops.

Circulation (Poor, cold hands & feet) - Cayenne Tincture 10-12 drops 2-3 times a day.

Exhaustion (Fatigue) - Cayenne Tincture 10-12 drops 2 times a day.

Heart (Heart attack, palpitation) - Cayenne Tincture 1 dropper under tongue.

Hypothermia - Cayenne Tincture 1 dropper under tongue

Pneumonia - Cayenne Tincture 5-10 drops, 3 times a day."
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be save as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete